Initiate the test flow
Now that the PV service is set up in your Test environment, you can test your end-to-end integration through both success and failure paths.
To test your integration:
- Initiate a flow using a test parent email address (see Restrictions on Test environment parent email addresses below).
- When prompted to verify the ‘parent’s’ identity, use known test SSN values or test payment card numbers to test your integration in a variety of scenarios.
NOTE: When testing your integration in the Test environment:
- There are some restrictions on input values, as described in the sections below.
- The KWS interface displays a "TEST MODE" banner in bold font.
- Rate limiting is fixed to 10 requests per hour per unique parent email address for all KWS API endpoints. This also applies in the Production environment.
Restrictions on Test environment parent email addresses
- In the Test environment, verified parent email addresses are not persisted in the ParentGraph. For this reason, you cannot test the ‘pre-verified parent’ scenario.
- The email address must be either:
- An email address that belongs to a developer/admin within your organization and has appropriate access to the relevant product. For example, email@example.com.
- An email alias of an email address that belongs to a developer/admin within your organization and has appropriate access to the relevant product. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: In the Production environment, the only criterion is that the email address is a valid one.
Test SSN verification using known values
To test Social Security Number (SSN) verification in the PV service, use the values shown here. Each value tests a different SSN verification scenario:
|Last 4 digits of SSN||Scenario|
|1111||Age Not Verified (Failure)|
|2222||Individual Deceased (Failure)|
|3333||Multiple Dates of Birth for Individual (Failure)|
|4444||Individual Underage (Failure)|
|5555||General Verification Error (Failure)|
|(any other value)||Verification Success|
Test payment card verification using test card numbers
The PV service uses Stripe to perform payment card verification. To test card payment verification in the PV service, use the test card numbers provided by Stripe. Each test card number tests a different payment scenario. For example, you can test successful payment, payment declined, and expired card scenarios.
To test 3D Secure flows, use Stripe’s 3D Secure test card numbers.
Test ID scan verification
To test ID scan verification, select ID scan as your verification method, and then select the required pass/fail scenario from the dropdown menu.
When you have tested the service to your satisfaction, set up your Production environment in the same way as the Test environment.