For products published to the Epic Games Store, you can enhance your users’ experience with Epic Games Store achievements. These achievements extend the functionality of Epic Online Services achievements and can be used to reward users with experience points (XP) for interacting with your product.
Products that support achievements through other PC storefronts that sell third-party products must also support Epic Games Store achievements. The achievements available to users on the Epic Games Store must be substantially similar to those offered through other storefronts.
- Web-based and HTML products are currently exempt from this requirement as they are not currently supported by the Epic Online Services (EOS) SDK.
- If a product in Early Access does not yet have a finalized set of base game achievements defined, you only need to implement Epic Online Services achievements at the time of early release. Once ready for full release, Epic Games Store achievements must enabled.
Note: This requirement does not retroactively apply to any existing products available on the Epic Games Store or any products that were onboarded in the Dev Portal prior to March 9, 2023. However, enabling achievements is recommended to promote an optimal user experience.
Users can review both their own and their friends' achievements through the My Achievements page of the Epic Games Store. Additionally, products with Epic Games Store achievements enabled feature a dedicated Achievements page on their store presence that highlights the achievements available to users. Users can also choose to browse games with achievements on the Epic Games Store, promoting greater visibility for your product.
Once Epic Online Services achievements have been implemented in your product, adding Epic Games Store achievements to your product can be done directly through Dev Portal - additional code is not required.
Note: If Epic Games Store achievements are added to your product, these achievements display in users’ in-game social overlays in place of any Epic Online Services achievements.
The process for enabling Epic Games Store achievements for your product includes the following steps:
- Preparing your product for Epic Games Store achievements.
- Defining your Epic Games Store achievements in the Dev sandbox.
- Pushing your achievements to the Stage sandbox.
- Submitting your achievements for review by the Epic Games Store team.
- Pushing your Epic Games Store achievements to the Live sandbox.
For detailed instructions, review the Epic Games Store achievements setup guide.
Epic Games Store Achievements Examples
The examples below illustrate how Epic Games Store achievements display to users in both the Epic Games Store and within products.
Store Presence Example
This image shows how Epic Games Store achievements display for a product on the Epic Games Store.
The image above demonstrates how Epic Games Store achievements display to users when they unlock them within a product.
This image demonstrates how Epic Games Store achievements display to users when they open the achievements list within a product.