You can publish products that support blockchain, NFT, or cryptocurrency to the Epic Games Store as long as those products adhere to specific policies regarding blockchain technology.
The guidelines and requirements for leveraging blockchain technology in your product are outlined below. In order to publish your product to the Epic Games Store, these guidelines and requirements must be followed.
Blockchain Technology Requirements
The following guidelines must be adhered to when publishing a product leveraging blockchain technology to the Epic Games Store:
- Paid offers for products leveraging blockchain technology are not allowed on the Epic Games Store. Products leveraging blockchain technology cannot use the Epic Games Store payment mechanism for any offers, including base game offers and associated non-blockchain-related transactions.
- Links to any blockchain, NFT, or cryptocurrency marketplaces are not allowed on store pages.
- Products leveraging blockchain technology cannot be made available to users in China and South Korea (i.e., blockchain products will be blacklisted in this region).
- Products must not facilitate gambling. Products cannot support gambling with traditional money or digital currency that can be directly redeemed for traditional money (i.e., cryptocurrency, digital currency, or other digital assets cannot be exchanged for traditional money or other cryptocurrencies.)
- The Epic Games Store reserves the right to remove products leveraging blockchain technology at any time, based on actions in the market (e.g., in response to issues that may have negative impacts on players).
In addition to the above product guidelines, the following criteria must also be met:
- The Blockchain Rider (in addition to the distribution agreement) must be signed.
- The product must be rated in all regions where it will be distributed.
- You are in compliance with all relevant blockchain technology laws and regulations for the territories in which your product will be distributed.
- You understand and accept that you are 100% responsible for payments, customer support, fraud detection, and refunds associated with the product.
- You must make conspicuous disclosures of all terms, conditions, risks, and other relevant information related to the use of blockchain technology in the product.
When publishing products leveraging blockchain technology to the storefront, the following configurations are required.
Blockchain/NFT Product Tag
In the storefront, your product must be tagged as a Blockchain/NFT Product and display the Blockchain/NFT Game text block in the About Game section of your Product Details Page.
For assistance with this configuration, contact support.
You must create an FAQ page that provides users with additional information about your product. For products using blockchain technology, FAQs should inform users about the specific technology being used as well as how it may impact them as consumers.
As a guideline, the following questions are required and must be included in your FAQ page. You are welcome to add additional questions or information to your FAQ page, as needed.
- How is blockchain, NFT, or cryptocurrency used in this product?
- What utility does this bring to the product?
- Does this product require me to connect an external wallet? What wallets does this product support?
- Can I use the product without interacting or engaging with blockchain, NFT, or cryptocurrency?
- What chain does this product use? Is the chain proof-of-work or proof-of-stake?
- Does this product have a marketplace? What can I do with the things that I earn (or purchase)?