To promote an optimal store experience to users, the Epic Games Store maintains a number of guidelines that apply to both product and storefront content. During the review of your product prior to launch, the Epic Games Store team will ensure these guidelines have been followed.
General Content Guidelines
During the review process, the Epic Games Store team evaluates both product and storefront content to ensure the following criteria are met:
- Product content must be consistent with the product description presented to players on the Product Detail Page.
- Content submitted to accompany your product must only contain content that would merit a rating of PEGI 12, ESRB Everyone 10+, or lower. This requirement applies to all supporting content, such as product name, description, images, videos, and other metadata. To learn more, review the * PEGI and ESRB sites for guidance).
- Products with mature ratings are age-gated on the storefront. The Epic Games Store reserves the right to age-gate unrated products at our discretion.
- Products with Adults Only ratings cannot be distributed on the storefront.
Products that contain prohibited content cannot be distributed on the Epic Games Store. If any complaints are received about prohibited content within a product live on the storefront, that product is subject to re-review and removal from the Epic Games Store.
Prohibited content includes the following:
- Hateful or discriminatory content
- Illegal content
- Content that infringes on intellectual property you do not own or have rights to use
- Scams, frauds, or deceptive practices, such as fake games or malware
- Products with Adults Only ratings
If you link to external content from your storefront pages, the linked-to content must be consistent with the content presented in your store presence. Any linked-to content about your product, regardless of where it’s located, is subject to the same content guidelines defined for Epic Games Store pages.
User-Generated Content (UGC) in your product is treated as unrated. The Epic Games Store treats unrated content as having a mature (18+) rating. and so mature (18+). It is your responsibility as the developer or publisher of the product to moderate UGC.
Digital Rights Management
The Epic Games Store does not require products to include digital rights management. Third-party digital rights management can be implemented at your discretion.
All product and content metadata must be provided in English. Support for any additional languages is optional. The Epic Games Store currently supports the following languages:
- Spanish (Spain)
- Spanish (Latin America)
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
As best practice, we strongly recommend localizing your storefront pages to provide the best experience for players globally.
To reduce localization lead-time, consider supporting some popular languages at the time of launch, with additional language support added in the future Some recommended languages to support at launch include:
If you need localization assistance, we can help! To learn more, review Localize Store Presence.