In order to publish products to the Epic Games Store, you must create a tax profile and activate your payout account. Note that this process may take up to 2 weeks or more to complete as your provided information must undergo verification. You will not be able to publish products to the storefront until this process is complete.
Create Tax Profile
Before you can publish products to the Epic Games Store, you must first create a tax profile. To do so, follow the steps below:
- In the Dev Portal, navigate to Organization > Tax Info.
- In the Start Tax Interview section, select the appropriate entity type for your tax profile (e.g., personal, business, etc.). Then, click Start Tax Interview.
- Follow the prompts to provide the required tax information for your entity type, which may include identity and location information, tax status, and applicable tax forms. On the final step, click Exit Interview to return to your dashboard.
After the interview is complete, your tax profile is automatically submitted for verification. Depending on your location, the verification process may take up to 5 days or more. When your profile has been verified, an email containing next steps is sent to the organization owner. You also can monitor the status of your tax profile at any time by visiting the Tax Info tab.
Once verified, an overview of your tax profile displays on the Tax Info tab, and you can now proceed to the payout account activation process.
Tip: To update your tax profile after creation, select the Retake Tax Interview button available on the Tax Info tab of the Dev Portal.
Activate Payout Account
In order to publish products to the Epic Games Store, you must first activate your payout account through Hyperwallet. To do so, follow the steps below.
Organizations based in Turkey do not need to create a Hyperwallet account. Instead, these organizations can provide their financial information directly in the Payout Info tab of the Dev Portal after their tax profile has been verified. Once the payout information is entered and saved, the process is complete!
- Ensure a tax profile has been created and verified for your organization.
- In the Dev Portal, navigate to Organization > Payout Info and click Activate Hyperwallet Account to launch the activation process on the Hyperwallet site.
- Follow the prompts on the Hyperwallet site to create your account. During this process, you will be asked to verify your payee information by supplying identity and/or business registration documentation. This step is required in order to complete the activation.
- On the final step of the Hyperwallet process, click Submit to finalize your account.
After your account has been finalized, your information is automatically submitted for verification. Depending on your location, the verification process may take up to 7 days or more. You can monitor the status of your account at any time through the Hyperwallet site dashboard.
Once your information has been verified, an overview of your account displays on the Payout Info tab of the Dev Portal. Additionally, a confirmation email is sent to the Hyperwallet account owner.
Tip: To update your Hyperwallet account after creation, navigate directly to the Hyperwallet site or select the Update Hyperwallet Account button available on the Payout Info tab of the Dev Portal.